AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to see the Actual CPA column?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I would like to see the metrics of Actual CPA and Target CPA. I tried to find

under modify column section. Can't find? any body help

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to see the Actual CPA column?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Raj,

As you know that Actual CPA is calculated (Total Cost / Total Number of Conversions) and this Actual CPA Column is known as Cost/Converted Clicks & Cost/ Conversions in AdWords.

Target CPA - There is no Target CPA column in AdWords till now in Performance Column. Target CPA is an automated bid strategy that sets bids to help get as many conversions as possible at the target cost-per-acquisition (CPA) you set. Target CPA is available as either a standard strategy or as a portfolio strategy.

If you want to know more about Target CPA then please go through the below URL :- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6268632?hl=en

I hope this will help you.

Thanks,
Anand

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Anand,

Thank you for Clarification.

As of understood Is Target CPA is applicable at Campaign level and Ad group level right.

Fore eg: i am having campaign level Target CPA is higher amount and Adgroup level Target CPA is
same amount. Even i can change the Target CPA at adgroup level right.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Raj,

Yes, you can apply Target CPA on Campaign Level & Ad Group Level but your Ad Group Target CPA will different from Campaign Level Target CPA.

Example - If your campaign level CPA 200 and One Ad Group Level Target CPA can be 180 and other Ad Groups Level Target CPA can be 145. This will based on your Ad Group performance data.

I hope this will help you.

Thanks,
Anand

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hi Raj,

Though the difference between Actual and target CPA has already been cleared by Anand.

Just to clear your further doubts, Target CPA bidding is applicable at both campaign and adgroup levels but any bidding strategy or even bid will override the campaign level bid/bidding strategy, when you will implement any at more granular level.

Campaign >> adgroup >> keyword
So adgroup level bidding will override the campaign and keyword level will override the adgroup level bidding.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks anand for response.

@Archit

I don't find the option target cpa under keyword level.
Only i see option at campaign and adgroup level.

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
Target CPA is applicable at campaign and adgroup levels only as already mentioned.

I have shared you the scenario with respect to any bid strategy or bid in General to show how these work at different levels.

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank you Verymuch Got it

Regards,
Raj

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
My Target cpa is greater than actual cpa. If i do like this for past week, it reaching the daily budget quickly.

I tried the following ways
To improve q.s keyword.
To Pause the low Q.S keyword.
I would like to stick with current daily budget.

any suggestion for better practices.

Rising Star
# 10
Rising Star
Its good if your actual CPA is less than the target CPA.
It means you are getting conversions at lower cost than the maximum cost defined by you.

You can further reduce your Target CPA and set it to a lower value(approx you actual CPA).

But don't do this practice frequently as adwords system takes some time to adjust for optimal performance with this bidding strategy.
Else, keep an eye on the campaigns, specially the search term report to add negative keywords and get help from the dimensions tab to analyse and further optimisation of the account.

Regards