AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to see performance of experiments by range of dates ?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Everyone, 

I want to compare performance between experiments and original campaign by range of dates. I changed dates range at right corner but it still display performance for 1 day. 

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to see performance of experiments by range of dates ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there;
Experiments dates are pre-set. You cannot "break" them into sub dates, otherwise the statistics will be biased.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
I still not understand how it will be biased. Campaign has history data of old dates, why performance not show for old dates ?

Thanks MosheTLV

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again
For a statistical experiment to have a result which is statistically significant, the  number of samples (in our case - impressions) has to  to meet a certain threshold (depending how the test was set). Once you reach this number the system reports the results, and whether this result is statistically significant.
Now, if you break the test into sub groups by dates, the number of impressions  would change  (according the range of dates) . Once the number of impressions changes - the result would not be  statistically  significant anymore.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
In my case, I created draft and experiment by increasing cost of keywords to 30% from 29 Feb to 5 March. Surely, Experiment will be ended on 5 March, but because I split traffic 50% for experiments bid, I hope I see performance between experiment and original from 29 Feb to 2 March (original has performance), but I can not. Do I have to wait to 5 March to see full performance both of experiment and original from 29 Feb to 5 March ?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
>>"Do I have to wait to 5 March to see full performance both of experiment and original from 29 Feb to 5 March ?"
-Correct

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
If I change original on 3 March, but the time end is 5 March, How's performance display ?

Thank you.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

You can end the experiment by clicking "end now". However, that might bias the results: if there aren't enough impressions the results will not be statistically significant.
I would recommend to consult a statistician about the experiment setting.