AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to see cost of conversion for each keyword?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Ok so i have a conversion set up which basically just means someone signed up......

Now i have advanced segments checked for "paid traffic" and "traffic with conversions"

now under advertising>adwords>keywords..

conv.png

i see how many visitors came to the site and how many of them converted

so basically

Keyword:              buy tickets
Payed Visits:        25 visitors
Signups:               2 visitors
Conversions rate:  12%

this is all great, but im missing one thing... how much did the actual signup cost me for the word "buy tickets" ...meaning if i paid $1 per click for 25 clicks= $25/2 conversions which + $12.5 per lead.... how do i see this info here?

i know i can go in adwords and look but im trying to put this out in one clean report, so if anyone can tell me how to get that info in this user face next to these variables i would appreciate it.
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Curiouss
September 2015

Re: How to see cost of conversion for each keyword?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Make sure you're choosing the right aspect from the report.  In the default you have "Site Usage, Ecommerce and Clicks" as the explorer basis; if you customise the report, you'll need to choose the same basis so, if you customise "ECommerce" you'll need to choose Ecommerce from the custom report to see your Cost column.

Jon 

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Curiouss, assuming your AdWords and Analytics Accounts are properly linked (I'm sure they are!), all you should have to do is add the "Cost" metric to the appropriate report.

I'd suggest AdWords -> Advertising -> Keywords, then Customise (button near the top) then add a metric to, say, the ecommerce report and choose "Cost" from the AdWords section.

There may be another/easier way to do this but this way works and takes a few seconds...

Jon

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

i see cost .... but it wont save it when i go to customize and try to save... once i go back into customize i noticed it hasnt changed and did not save "cost"

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Curiouss
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Make sure you're choosing the right aspect from the report.  In the default you have "Site Usage, Ecommerce and Clicks" as the explorer basis; if you customise the report, you'll need to choose the same basis so, if you customise "ECommerce" you'll need to choose Ecommerce from the custom report to see your Cost column.

Jon