AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to see Dest. URL of a removed (deleted) Ad ?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Is there a way to see for deleted (removed) text Ads , what was the Destination URL . Apparently I cannot find a way to find this out, I tried looking under the "Segment" options.

Also is there a way to "Undo" the remove operation for a text Ad , as a method to see its Destination URL ?

If it is possible, then how can I find out exactly what "undo" button to push just for that text Ad, from all the thousands of "Undo" possibilities from "Change history"?

Thank you.

Re: How to see Dest. URL of a removed (deleted) Ad ?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Adrian,

the short answer is no, im afraid. somewhat annoying i know but once deleted or ammended you cannot see or return to previous ads.

Frustrating i know!

Jack

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Oh , I see, thanks.

I am trying to analyze an account to see if they used to send users to dedicated landing pages , instead of the "classic" home page , but I cannot draw a conclusion from old Ads , I guess only google engineers can see that data.

At least I know that the domain is shown in the Display URL and it has to be the same with the one from the destination URL.....unless a redirect happens on the landing page.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Adrian

Just go to the account and select "All Ads" from the drop down menu in the Ads tab. Now download the report and filter out the deleted ads with the help of status column. Their you will get the LP for the these ads.

Abhishek

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Excelent ! The downloaded excel from the interface seems to show Destination URLs even for deleted Ads.

I was working first with the AdWords editor and it doesn't even download the deleted ads.

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner
Sure it does Adrian! You just have to click some more boxes. Smiley Happy

Get recent changes > More data > All campaigns > OK.

Showing statistics > Whole account > All time.

If you still don't see ended/removed data, then:

Tools > Settings > Display > Un-check "Hide all deleted and ended items".

Now - You can't "re-activate" an ended (deleted) ad. However, you can copy and paste the text/URL's into a "new" ad in the editor in a matter of seconds... Once you get the view right. Smiley Happy
Tom

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi tomhalejr

I guess what you are saying might work in earlier versions of the AdWords Editor which are not available officially for download.

I have adwords editor 10.5 and it does not download the deleted/removed ads which I can see in the interface. I guess it is my mistake for upgrading to the latest version Smiley Happy

You can check for yourself by downloading the latest version or by reading from here

http://www.seroundtable.com/google-adwords-editor-10-5-18816.html

Deleted ads no longer downloaded

AdWords Editor no longer downloads deleted ads. The "Hide deleted ads" setting has been removed.

Badged Google Partner
# 8
Badged Google Partner
Huh... I can't find a screenshot of the new interface in any of the articles, and I'm not going to download it unless I have to, if I lose functionality. I know Google renamed deleted to removed, and I assumed that's what "AdWords Editor no longer downloads deleted ads." meant. Of course not, they're called something different now. Smiley Happy

Well... That sucks. Smiley Happy Thanks for clarifying that for me Adrian. Smiley Happy
Tom