AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to report to adwords when a lead is registered?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Some providers will not allow the adwords tracking script on their server so no feedback can be sent to the adwords account that a lead has registered.. As we know that is a huge problem for adwords then to provide all the info that we need to manage the account.

Question: Is there any way to manually feed the adwords account with the lead register data including the search term used to find that lead. In other words if I am able to note the lead and the search term is it possible to manually feed this back to my account to get full benefit from the adwords account...

What about the possiblity of putting the adwords feed back script on another site and manually feed the lead and search term this way back to adwords... I am sure you will say that adwords will not accept the data since its not from the same domain...

Next you will say that I should look for another provider... but that is not possible either  since the provider is BoomTown and they provide sites to thousands of folks who want the service bad enought to all this kind of gangster tactics... so provider change is not possible....

Shouldn't this be illegal or at least unethical... since they are using the adwords data to post to your backend the leads and search terms... so basically they get the info but will not let you put the script to feedback to adwords.... maybe I should formally contact google to see if mgmt would shut down their access to the search terms if they will not allow us to work with adwords.

Any suggestions or thoughts on how this difigulty may be overcome for thousands of users who are royally getting screwed daily.... Now don't get me wrong they allow the feedback script when they do the adwords for you.... sounds fishy that when you do the adwords you cannot get the feedback from the same script. however they use the data internally....

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author James C
September 2015

Re: How to report to adwords when a lead is registered?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi James.
There are two ways to do this.
The first is in AdWords. You can find details on how to do it here - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2998031?hl=en

My preferred method though is in Google Analytics first then import them into AdWords. You can find details on how to do this here - https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2803329?hl=en

The AdWords method requires that you're able to match the conversion up with the GCLID.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Well I have no idea if I will be able to follow all this... looks like a lot of homework.. when all I wanted to do is beat BoomTown at thier own game.... but it looks like my answer will definitely be in all this as soon as I can get time to study it...... the only feature I want to pull out of this is to give the adwords account what was stolen from me by Boomtown... by not allowing a simple script on the server... So thank you... I believe this will answer my question..

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
James,

You peaked my curiosity, What exactly is BoomTowm, and what does it provide? Is it a fee webhosting platform that allows you to have a webpage?

If that is the case, their are plenty of other "free solutions" that are not restrictive.

But regardless of that, If I were spending money on Advertisement as part of a business opportunity, I would make pretty darn sure, I owned and controlled my own domain name, got cheap hosting, and was in as much control of my own destiny as possible from a business standpoint.

So James, we may be able to help you, if we understand your situation a little more clearer.
Do you own a domain/ website? Do you have the ability to edit? is this boomtown something that is an affiliate product you are attempting to sell and get commissions? We you say track leads. So it seems you have a service you offer. Why not register a domain name for $10 a year and get Hosting for $11 a month, especially if you are putting advertisement $ into the mix?

Good Luck

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
BT is a website in a box at about 5-6k per month... the top of the line for real estate... the elite.. and the aholes.... they do about 2 grand per site (maybe 3,000 sites) and they allow you to do your own ppc... but they say "We allow no 3rd party software on our server" in short for if you don't let us do your PPC then you can do it .. but we will hog tie you first.... and so far I have not been able to get a posse together to tell them to pack it... the agents love it so much they will operate with their hands behind thier back to keep the system... so most just let then do the ppc and give up.... works for them..
But sounds like if i get time to read the volumes you gave me I can beat the SOBs.... hope..
You said get another provider... remember they are one of the top... folks kill to get a site so they sure as heck will not say "Gimme my Adwords feedback or I am gone.." They simply say Goodby.. and thank goodness we have 17 more wating on your area.. and since you have been here at a lower price... we can jump up your replacement by 23%... so Adios and thank you for leavving.... now if we can run off another 1,000 of you SOB... we will be millionaires.... Haha... now are you getting the idea...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
My quote above may have been confusing...
<quote> they do about 2 grand per site (maybe 3,000 sites) </quote>
What I meant to say is BT normally does the PPC at about $2000 per month PPC.. and they do it for approx 3,000 sites (agents).... AND THE ppc not an extra charge.. you pay 5k per month for the site and the ppc is done for free... and they spend an average of $2.000 on ppc per month... so your monthly runs $5k for site + ppc labor... + $2,000 spend or what ever you decide to spend... they do not take part of that but the avg site runs $5K + $2k = $7k and amounts to maybe 150 PPC real estate leads per month.... if your do your own ppc then its only $5,000 per month... but the PPC man is sucking hind **bleep** with no adwords feedback...Make sense..???

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Eric... Free.... you must be thinking about Real Town... not BoomTown... its a far cry from free.. more like hiway robbery... but I must say they do it right.. with exception of the PPC ripoff..
Course Real Town may be before your time... actually its still live and I would say doing well but that is not true Real Town is now as slow as molassess... most folks are leaving.. but cannot export the blog... so I am building a Real Town blog exporter.. and its free...

Badged Google Partner
# 8
Badged Google Partner
Very interesting James.

One of my clients is a Real Estate Agent in my area, He has his own website. We performed his SEO, content management and PPC efforts. We use IDX feeds into a Wordpress CMS system so there are all the listings available as well as about 100 pages of website content.

He ranks locally 1 or 2 for most real estate terms. We have call tracking on his website, as well as form submission for leads. He generates about 15-25 phone calls a day and 50 leads from form submissions. He is one of the top Realtor in our area, and we compete easily against the national brands and the Zillow's etc.

So it can be done and a ton cheaper then what you described, if and when you know what you are doing.

But I do feel your pain. My advice to you and for you, is to continue what you are doing with BT while you diversify and build your own website and brand. It can be done and the long term gains are significant and substantial.

With your own domain/website you have the ability to separate yourself from the herd. Really push your Unique Selling Propositions and cut your Cost Per Acquisition to a significant ROI profitable scenario.

Best of Luck James, There are opportunities to seize when you diversify. One thing with websites, they are like fine wine and get better with Age. So a simple creation of a website today ( no fancy bells and whistles yet) and ease into the learning cure, may be the single best move you make for your financial future. There are plenty of Web Development companies that can create a similar CLONE when you show them what your are looking for and get a price scenario. I would look locally and just feel some out.

Again best of luck James, and thank you for enlightening me about BT. I may be able to help a few more real estate agents in my Home State, now knowing the "strangle holds" you mentioned.

Take care
Eric G.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Eric but my only hope right now is to muddle my way thru the references Dave gave me... I think it may have what I am looking for.. but won't know till I study them....
But in regard to doing it on your own... I do not have the time or the energy to do the research that took 20 years to evolve... into a back end that is the elite for a real estate agent... every day agents offer suggestions that get added into the back end.. and these things took years to develop and perfect while being tested on thousands... so buillding your own first would take years of development and next would be inventing the wheel again.. I have studied in detail more than 30 IDX systems and thier extensive backends... and none hold a candle to BT... thereby they can demand what they want..... you see I cannot even imagine a single agent developing something like this... it would take years of development and testing and would cost you a zillion dollars... Now a simple backend like idxbroker, diverse solutions and a ton of others only takes a few months to develop... but when you have spent millions in development for years... I find that hard to compete with... just not worth having a web designer give you 60,000 hours at $100 an hour... just would not be economical...