AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to reduce cpc whilst not losing IS rank?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi

Ive recently reduced my cpc as most of my ads were averaged at number 1 position and i wanted to see if i still get clients by reducing my CPC. So i reduced them but then noticed my IS rank had dropped from around 8% to 30% but my ad position had only dropped to an average of 2.

So how can i reduce my cpc but not lose so much IS rank?

thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ripleyhypno
September 2015

Re: How to reduce cpc whilst not losing IS rank?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello. Averages lie. You do not know when you've lost your ad rank and how position has varied, and the average position of two can mean that you've had position 9 for 100 impressions and position 1 for 700 times. 30% impression share may mean that when competition was very tough, you've lost about 340 impressions (800 impressions being 70%) due to ad rank.

What you can do is to try and get better and better CTR, until your QS gets as close to 10 as possible. Then you can say that you've reached the top QS wise, and you can see if you can reduce your CPC without losing too much.

Another thing to look at is the small graph next to your keywords (the bid simulator). It shows you how many more impressions (and top impressions) you could get for some extra cents / bucks, and how many you could lose by decreasing bids. Here's the link: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=138148

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.