AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to put tracking code (conversions) in Prestashop 1.6.0.11

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,    I am new to Adwords so any help is welcome.....  

I am trying to figure it out, where to place the tracking codes for my adword campaigns (for creating conversions) in online store using Prestashop 1.6.0.11.

I have 2 codes - for tracking signups and for tracking sales. For the signups, I am using the short version - no address. So when the account is created, the user ends in "my account";, if I place it here, wouldnt it be a problem every time someone goes there - to check orders, etc.?  If this is the right place, in which file exactly, and where in the code I place it?  

For the sales. Here I have 2 scenarios:  

1. When they order "a free sample", the order is free, no payment, so it is executed when you click next on the step of the checkout, where you select your shipping method. When you click next, the order is completed and you are sent to "my orders ";  Do I add the code here? If so, in which file and where in the code?    

I have a side question here - could I add a confirmation page to the process and if possible - how?  

2. When a regular product is ordered. Only payment method is paypal, when the payment is made, the client is redirected to a page, which states that the order is completed and gives details like order number, transaction number, etc...  There is "back" link to "my orders". How do I find this page and where should I place the code?   Any help will be much appreciated. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to put tracking code (conversions) in Prestashop 1.6.0.11

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

A quick search of Prestashop gave a number of GA modules that you can add and track pretty much anything you might want to ... my advice would be to take advantage of these rather than trying to reinvent the wheel yourself

http://addons.prestashop.com/en/search?search_query=google+analytics+ecommerce

Re: How to put tracking code (conversions) in Prestashop 1.6.0.11

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Steve, 

thank you for your help, I will certainly use the ready GA modules

Best regards,

Ivan