AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to measure the results

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

Hope all of you fine there.

Just need a small help from you experts. I have just started using Adwords with my Voucher, it's just a test and gain knowledge. I have chosen few keywords and set-up ads campaign. Now I want to know how I can understand that my campaign is working or gone waste.

How can track the visitors if there's any?

How???

Waiting for answers Smiley Happy

Thanks

Re: How to measure the results

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni
Hello Suraj,

I'm afraid you've started your work from the wrong side Smiley Happy First thing you should do after thinking about launching a campaign is to know *what your goals are*. Is it direct response (sales, subscriptions, dowsnloads, etc.), is it branding, is it anything else? According to this, you launch your campaign, then you're able to measure and decide if it's worth the hassle or not.

When you know your goals, you set the campaigns accordingly, direct your visitors to the right landing pages and expect them to behave at your website in the way you'd like them to.

After you know the reasons of launching your AdWords campaign, I'm sure everybody would suggest you creating a Google Analytics account and link it to your AdWords account. Sorry for writing this if you know really much about Analytics, but in case you don't, I'd consider using Analytics Help which makes it so much easier to set things up: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1008015?hl=en&ref_topic=1727146

If you already have Google Analytics implemented into your website, you can track your visitors from there and decide how your AdWords campaign is doing. Only then you can tell it's working alright or it needs some optimization.

Hope this helped at least a little bit.

milda