AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to measure the results of conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I know this is the basic question but confusing me alot.

A Busniess website which is performing well in Organic results and also running google adwords ads and getting traffic from both Organic and PPC.I have setted up goal to fill up the form and geting conversions with both referals. But the Question is How Google Analytics tracks these metrics in terms of conversions and its referals.

1) If one clicks on adwords ad and book marked the weebiste and enrolled after one week by coming to webiste from book marked url(direct visitor)

2) If one came from organic results browsed the webiste and after few days clicked on adwords ad in search results and enrolled this time.

3) If one came from adwords(not enrolled) but read the reviews in other forum and came to my site using link there and enrolled this time.

In all 3 occations people are enrolled but now i need to find out which one is performing wel for my business (adwrds/Organic/SocialMedia), i know these three are powerfull and to misure the preformance i need answers from experts like you.

Thanks for your kind answers,

Archana

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to measure the results of conversions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Archana,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

The perfect attribution system is the biggest challenge faced by every marketer.

It very difficult to find the real contributor when you are using various channels like paid search, organic and social media.

Currently paid search reporting is based on last click attribution.

Please go through the link below which will give you more information about the conversion tracking methods of Adwords and analytics which is different.

http://support.google.com/analytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2679221

Hope this helps,

Info

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the Quick reply,

I have gone thru the link which is very helpful, if i am not wrong for my 1st question 

1) If one clicks on adwords ad and book marked the weebiste and enrolled after one week by coming to webiste from book marked url(direct visitor)

The Conversion will be recorded under direct visitor (not adwords) as his last interaction is from bookmark/Direct.

Thanks

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

HI Welcome to Adwords

1) If one clicks on adwords ad and book marked the weebiste and enrolled after one week by coming to webiste from book marked url(direct visitor): Here Analytics will give credit of conversion to adwords as Analytics will give credit to original source if subsequent visit is direct. Which will be the case in with bookmarks. 

2) If one came from organic results browsed the webiste and after few days clicked on adwords ad in search results and enrolled this time: In this case analytics will give credit of this conversion to adwords as by default it gives credit to last non direct source. 

3) If one came from adwords(not enrolled) but read the reviews in other forum and came to my site using link there and enrolled this time. : In this case analytics will give credit to the referal (forum) as that will be last nondirect source

I think this link will help you understanding conversions

http://support.google.com/analytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2679221

In addition you should also look at utm_nooverride parameter if you want to modify the way analytics behaves normally

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Nice job, Nik,

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords