AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to list keyword system status?

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

Hi,

I can't seem to find a way to list the keyword system statuses (ads not showing due to...) anywhere. I can't manually keep doing a mouse-over on every keyword to see if it's displaying or not. 

If someone could show me on Editor or on Manager, that would be great!

Thanks!

Re: How to list keyword system status?

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,

You can use Filters to identify problems and see non active keywords or ads. Please check the following URL to know how to create the filter you like:-
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454069?hl=en
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Mark,

Great question!

You could apply/save filters within the AdWords interface, which will allow you to quickly see which keywords are not serving ads for various reasons.

You can for example, set a filter which, when applied will only show keywords that are not triggering ads due to budget constraints.

filters.PNG

I hope you find this useful Smiley Happy

Kate

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
Thank you!

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner
Kate,

I tried your advice - unfortunately, the keywords are not being listed even though they are not delivering due to "other issues" (I can see when I hover)

Why so?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Mark,

Are you still having issues with this? Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing when you hover over? 

Have you applied filters for all variations of issues?

Badged Google Partner
# 7
Badged Google Partner

Hi Kate,

Please look below. The filter I'm interested in is the "Other issues" part. However, Adwords still directs me to hover over individual keywords to see what is the "other issue". 

I'm particularly looking for "keyword not delivering due to another ad with a better rank being displayed".

Keyword filter

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mark H
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Mark,

Thanks for explaining further. Unfortunately there is no way of breaking down the 'other' filter to show more specific details, but generally speaking your keywords will 'not be displaying due to another ad with a better ad rank' when the ad rank of the current keyword is low.

"The main components of your Ad Rank are your bids and the quality of your ads, keywords and website, as measured by Quality Score" so in theory if you apply the 'Low bid or quality score' filter it should pick these keywords up. You should always be looking to improve your quality score, ideally a quality score of no less than 6, but you will have to use the hover over again to work out why your quality score is low, it could be your ad relevance, your landing page or your click through rate.

I would recommend creating very tight knit ad groups, with ad copies that reflect the seed keyword within the ad group and ensure the landing page has reference to these keywords so that there is a consistent user journey, if you follow this process and bid high to begin with to get a good CTR and quality score, you shouldn't end up having any keywords that are not being delivered because of a better ad rank keyword.

I hope that all makes sense.