AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to know the typed search phrase for keyword click

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I've selected only Search Network in Campaign Settings. If I see a click on say "pc antivirus" I also want to see what full search phrase the search user typed. Is there any way to find it? 

For example he could have searched for "pc antivirus software" or "cheap pc antivirus" etc. I want to see this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: How to know the typed search phrase for keyword click

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

I think the search terms report is precisely what you are looking for! Smiley Happy It's an absolutely fantastic tool, and I just couldn't do without it.

In the keywords tab (at the KW level) if you want to see the search terms for a particular KW, just click the box next to that KW, click the see search terms box, then click selected, and you will see the search queries for that specific term for the date range selected.

Tom

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

I think the search terms report is precisely what you are looking for! Smiley Happy It's an absolutely fantastic tool, and I just couldn't do without it.

In the keywords tab (at the KW level) if you want to see the search terms for a particular KW, just click the box next to that KW, click the see search terms box, then click selected, and you will see the search queries for that specific term for the date range selected.

Tom

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thomas : the only issue with this tool is the date range it can't evaluate the searched term for the last or yesterday terms

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

@Raheel wrote:
Thomas : the only issue with this tool is the date range it can't evaluate the searched term for the last or yesterday terms

Using today as a frame of reference, come back tomorrow to see yesterday's data.

Or, pull the data closer to real-time from your log files.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

The report need to be improve that for sure as Advertisers like me who integerate the AdWords with Analytics need to know with the Real Time Users activity that what a Real Time user search term from AdWords Ads in Real Time even the term Match type as the Serch term report suggests.

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

I'm sure Richard remembers the old SQ report. If you think the new (last ? years) version needs improvement, you should have seen the old version. Smiley Happy

Would the matched search query report in the analytics provide any closer to "real time" KW search query data? I don't know how you could get the data any sooner, using only google properties.

Tom