AdWords
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to interpret Local Search Trends Data/Graph in Keyword Tool?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,
I'm using AdWords Keyword Tool for keyword research. Local search trends graph is showing last 12 months data. I exported the data to excel sheet and checked for keyword [financial planning]. In Excel I can see it started from the latest month Dec-12 and then backwords.
I've selected 'United States'. Here is month and search volume.
Dec-12    8100
Nov-12    8100
Oct-12    8100
Sep-12    9900
Aug-12    8100
Jul-12    8100
Jun-12    8100
May-12    9900
Apr-12    9900
Mar-12    9900
Feb-12    12100
Jan-12    18100

Does it mean the graph shown on the search results under "Local Search Trnds" shows data from Start (Jan-12) to end (Dec-12)?
Can anyone explain how to interpret this data?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to interpret Local Search Trends Data/Graph in Keyword Tool?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Avadhut and welcome to the forum.  I'm not sure I entirely understand your question.  The data you've shown is for the period January 2012 to December 2012, as you've said.  Have I missed the point of your question?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Cobnut,

Thanks for your reply.

Keyword Tool shows Local Search Trends graph. There are 12 bars on that graph. I'm assuming the first left bar starts with first month (Jan-12) and the last (extrrem right) bar is for Dec-12. Is my understanding correct?

There is some variation in the graph when I see the data for this keyword in Google Trends. Is there any setting or feature by which I can see keywords that have only increasing trends for last 12 months?

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Avadhut

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Avadhut, yes, the graph will be left-to-right in time, so January is on the left.

I don't think there's any tools that can provide you with the sort of analysis you're looking for within Adwords, or even Google Trends itself - but there are plenty of online tools from other providers that can, provided with data in CSV format.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Cobnut.

Can you name any such tool,please?