AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to integrate conversion tracking with e-commerce tracking

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi There,

We're using conversion tracking on a site that already contains Google Analytics and E-commerce conversion tracking. We've been given the code and notice it contains the default $20 value we've assigned.

Questions:

Do we just add the conversion tracking in addition to the analytics and e-commerce tracking code, or do we have integrate the tracking with e-commerce code.

If analytics is linked with the Adwords account, will we see the dollar value each ad generated becauase e-commerce tracking is already installed?

Hope that all makes sense.

Cheers

Ben

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author CMSCSS
September 2015

Re: How to integrate conversion tracking with e-commerce tracking

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Ben,

Without seeing your set-up, if you have AdWords Linked to Analytics, and Analytics Linked to AdWords with also the Auto-Tagging marked as YES in Analytics. As well as eCommerce tracking correctly set up via Analytics.

I see no reason to add the additional AdWords Conversion tracking script. (for checkout transactions)

If your account is properly linked via adwords and analytics and vice-versa
Under Tools - Conversions you should be able to do a one time set up to add "Transactions" as an available conversion event.

Analytics will show all your conversion data in a 3-4 Hour delay at worst, while AdWords will show your conversion data at a 24-48 hour delay at worst.

I utilize Analytics as my main source for Ecommerce and AdWords data analysis as it provides much more details and is the better tracking method,

The older AdWords conversion scripts are mainly used for Non Ecommerce actions, like contact forms, downloads etc. Even then I track everything via the Analtyics with goals or events because it is a more robust and better tracking method.

But to each there own, but in your case, In my opinion there is no need for AdWords conversion scripts on a Ecommerce site ( or checkout) unless you want to utilize it for a non financial conversion related to a download, form filled out etc.

Your Question:
2.If analytics is linked with the Adwords account, will we see the dollar value each ad generated because e-commerce tracking is already installed?
YES,, You will want to add the Total Conversion Value attribute in the Columns sections across your campaigns, ad groups etc to see this data