How to increase my placement targeting traffic?
i confused with the issue for a long time.
i make a example,
i created a ICM or Keyword targeting campaign, and after few days, i found i can get perfect CR on one or more placement, so, i tried to find a way to get more traffic from those placements. there was 3 options i can choose.
1) transfer the placements from automatic placement to managed placement, and raise the bid.
2) transfer the placements from old campaign to new placement targeting campaign, and raise the bid.
3) transfer the placements from old campaign to new placement targeting campaign with CPM.
However, i tried all of options, usually i can not get more traffic. in the meantime traffic on the placements decreased.
i dont know what happen here. who can give me the answer. thanks.
Re: How to increase my placement targeting traffic?
Hello Jack !
Check these parameters for the managed placements for these good placements and come back with some values for them to further analyze :
Display Lost IS (budget): The percentage of time that your ads weren't shown on the Display Network due to insufficient budget. This data is available at the campaign level only.
Display Lost IS (rank): The percentage of time that your ads weren't shown on the Display Network due to poor Ad Rank. Note: Lost IS (rank) won't be shown on your Ad groups tab if you ran out of budget at any point during the date range being examined.
They also provide some tips :
To increase your impression share, your ads must appear either more often or in more places.
Here are some general tips to help improve your impression share:
- Increase your campaign budget – it's important to remember that the budget controls how often an ad is shown.
- Increase your bid.
- If you decrease your regional targets, you may see an increase in impression share – but keep in mind that the size of the "pie" has been reduced.
- If you increase your regional targets, you may see a decrease in impression share because your "pie" is bigger now. To avoid this, consider re-adjusting your budget so that it'll cover the costs of your new campaign settings."
Also check your "relative CTR" metric for those managed placements :