AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to import Goal?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi All,

I know how to import Google Analytics Goal into Google Adwords. But can we import Google Adwords Goals into Google Analytics?

I have synced both accounts successfully..... 

Thanks

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to import Goal?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Chetan,

Please check this help center article
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034306?hl=en

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello Neha,

That I know and I have done successfully, but I am looking for vice versa. I want to import my Google AdWords Goal into Google Analytics.....

Can you help me in it?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chetan K
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Chetan,

You are talking about vice versa and that's not how the linking system works as far as my knowledge goes.

Reason being that there are advertisers who doesn't even use Conversion Tracking and they simply import the goals which are created in Analytics into AdWords.

The ideal process which you already know goes like this:- link AdWords with Analytics property with Auto Tagging on. Create goals in Analytics and import it under AdWords via standard procedure. If you are talking about reversing the system, that's not feasible as if now.

But yes if you would like to see how the conversions are getting recorded under Analytics, then you need to create goals in Analytics, link both accounts properly and then Analytics will start showing the AdWords stats from the date you link them. This might show discrepancies as well due to different reasons.

My Thoughts!

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Chetan,

If your adwords conversion is something you can track with a GA goal or event, I would suggest you just set it up that way. GA is a little more robust in its ability to track goals/conversions and I believe that the import export is a one way street GA into AdWords - unless you're talking about importing offline conversions etc...I can't really comment on that.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Chetan,

I am sorry for not reading your question properly. I really not aware of any such procedure.

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’