AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to identify if a conversion belongs to one campaign or another?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I have two campaigns with different landing pages. In both campaigns, if the user checks out any other web page in the website, I consider it a conversion---having a conversion for each new page the user clicks (that way I can keep track how active the lead was).

Since in both campaigns, I am measuring as a conversion any click outside the landing page, I am double counting each click---one for each campaign. Is there a way to keep them separated and identify the conversion belonging to one campaign or the other?

Thanks,

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to identify if a conversion belongs to one campaign or another

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Jaime,

Does the website have different set (one for each language) of pages? If so, you can create two different codes and paste them appropriately. However, I'd suggest using GA event tracking in this case, as page views aren't actual conversions? Have you thought on those lines?
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Sumanth,

Thanks for the reply. The website is only in one language and I am not very familiar with Google Analytics but sounds promising.

From the website, it is very hard to know if a customer actually purchased or not the final product, so I was using the conversion functionality to track how active a user is in the website. With Google Analytics, can you get the page clicks for every person that clicks in an ad in google adwords? if yes, can you point me to a good example from which I can learn?

Thanks for the help :-)

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Well, it is hard to determine the right way of implementing conversion tracking without having a look at the website. However, I'd suggest using it only on the final confirmation page that would load after an actual conversion. However, I'd suggest using GA to gauge user interaction on other pages. You can in fact get a lot more insights like bounce rate, pages/session and so on for every traffic source. More about GA event tracking here. Feel free to post questions on the GA Product Forum for detailed suggestions.

Good luck,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the help. Best.