AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to get this attribution to work?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

For a user who saw a YouTube ad converted at search campaign, how do I know how many conversions from the search campaign was due to the user viewed the ad on YouTube?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Richard,

What you're looking for is View Through Conversions. 

I'd start on the attribution journey here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722023?hl=en

It's a little complicated at the start but essentially, you can see the assisted conversions but it's up to you to place a value on them. 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Richard, 

Without any betas you will not be able to view said conversions.

Sadly, At the moment you cannot see on the multi-channel funnels views.

Sorry.

P.s. @Dave_Davis - Please note the VTC are only shown when there is no conversion from a click on the same account - otherwise that would have meant that AdWords is counting twice, which is not the case. So, if a conversion was a result of a click on a search campaign there will not be any associated VTC for that click in that account.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Right now the attribution is set to "last click", I want to change it to "linear model" but I am wondering if this only applies to search campaign, not video campaign, could someone confirm?

Also does any of the assisted conversions under multi channel funnels include the ones I was talking about before?