AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to get more users from available clicks?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi There,

Our organization decided to increase the number of users and for that we created a few display campaigns. We negated the remarketing list "All Visitors 180" which means whoever sees our ads are new to our site or atleast they never visited our site in last 180 days. Theoretically this means  if we receive 100 clicks it should be 100 users but the Clicks to Users ratio is just around 20%. What else should I do to make sure whatever clicks I get are new to my site.

Regards,

Justine

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to get more users from available clicks?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Justine,

Did you check the type of clicks you have been getting from the Display sites, whether the placements where your ad has been showing are relevant to what you are trying to promote.

Remarketing is basically to re-target your old users. It's an advanced strategy to showcase your ads and try to convert the users into customers for your service.

IMO, you should be doing more precise level targeting. Add more specific targeting like Topics, more relevant keywords inside GDN and then gather the data and see what quality of clicks you are getting. Once you have the relevant users, you can start remarketing for them.

Here's one guide around GDN: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2580399?hl=en&vid=1-635778959872596337-2931972514

Apart from this, also note that a click to your ad doesn't necessarily mean that user is going to land on the landing page. User might/might not reach based on various factors.

I hope this helps!

Pankaj