AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to get google clicked id(gclid) on landing page of my ad?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hell guys,

I want to get gclid on my web page when user reach there by clicking any google ad,

is there any script for that?

Thanks in advance

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to get google clicked id(gclid) on landing page of my ad?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Shashank,

You don't have to pass gclid parameter manually in your destination urls of your ads. If you enable URL Auto Tagging in Google Adwords your ad will automatically have this parameter added when someone click on your ad text.

gclid parameter enables data sharing between Adwords and Analytics. The data you are seeing in Analytics about the Adwords is because of this parameter. It collects the information automatically and shows in Analytics.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Ashish

Re: How to get google clicked id(gclid) on landing page of my ad?

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Shashank,

When you enable auto-tagging, a parameter called gclid is added to your landing page URL when a user clicks over to your site from an ad. For example, if your site is www.mysite.com, when a user clicks on your ad it appears in the address bar as:
www.mysite.com/?gclid=123xyz
Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’