AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to get estimate search traffic feature to give analysis on specific Ad Group?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

From what I have gathered on the Tutorials regarding the Search Traffic Feature AKA Traffic Estimator is that estimated performance can be tailored to specific Ad Groups (based on their unique historical performance).  But when I go into the AdWords account I cannot find an option in the Traffic Estimator to select a specific Ad Group to tailor the performance data to. 

How do I access that feature?

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RBall (Participant ✭ ☆ ☆)
September 2015

Re: How to get estimate search traffic feature to give analysis on specific Ad Group?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Good morning.

Instead of the Traffic Estimator, select the Keyword Tool on that same page, on the left-hand menu bar. It gives you the option of looking for/at keyword ideas specific to an Ad Group.

By adjusting which columns of data you're seeing, you should be able to get what you're looking for.

Hope that helps!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

View solution in original post

Re: How to get estimate search traffic feature to give analysis on specific Ad Group?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Chances are you're trying to use the Standalone Tool. Please see the help page linked-to below.

Why do traffic estimates for my ad group differ from those given by the standalone tool?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry I am still a little confused I went to the link below and this excerpt confuses me:

"Performance Data: The past performance of an ad group will influence the Quality Score of all the keywords in that ad group. Your ad group's Traffic Estimator considers the ad group's performance details when making estimates about your keywords. The standalone tool, on the other hand, does not. For the most accurate results, use the Traffic Estimator in your ad group."

I then clicked on the use link in the last sentence of this excerpt.  This leads to this page. http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=166775

Nothing in the above exceprt discusses how one can add a specific ad group to influence the traffic estimates of your keywords.

I know that the stand alone tool is used for people who either are not logged in or do not have an AdWords account.  

But is this just a typo on Google's part or a bad way of explaining the fact that the Traffic Estimator automatically factors in the perfomance details of all Ad Groups within your Account and not just one specific Ad Group at a time?

I see NO way to add a specfic ad Group itself to tweak the traffic estimates. 

Thanks

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RBall (Participant ✭ ☆ ☆)
September 2015

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Good morning.

Instead of the Traffic Estimator, select the Keyword Tool on that same page, on the left-hand menu bar. It gives you the option of looking for/at keyword ideas specific to an Ad Group.

By adjusting which columns of data you're seeing, you should be able to get what you're looking for.

Hope that helps!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much Theresa! 

I now see the option to add campaigns/ad groups in the keyword tool.  The AdWords documentation/tutorials really need to explain this better.  I don't know why they refer to the traffic estimator instead of the keyword tool feature! 

Thanks.