AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to generate a report of converted GCLIDs?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

From Tools -> Conversions I can see the NUMBER of conversions for a date range, but I'd also like to know the actual GCLIDs that resulted in conversions. Is this possible? I couldn't seem to find anything in the reporting UI or the Adwords API that enables this.

Thanks,

Tyler

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to generate a report of converted GCLIDs?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Tyler.

There is no built-in mechanism, neither in AdWords nor in Analytics, that enables you to see the gclids that converted. You'd have to read them yourself, keep them in a cookie for instance (or a custom dimension in Analytics) and then see which of them made it all the way to the "thank you" page.

It does involve a small bit of programming so you may want to get in touch with a developer in case you're not familiar with programming.

Hope it helps.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Tyler,

For detailed reporting, you can also use Google Analytics.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Tyler,
GCLID is basically for adwords specific url, so whenever you are getting any conversions from adwords that will count as GCLID traffic. To finding those numbers into analytics report you need to enable auto tagging into adwords, and also have to link your adwords into analytics. From there you will be able to find your conversions source.

Thanks
Vivek