AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to find what networks produced the clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In a Ad group report I see the most of the clicks were from display networks. I can I find what networks actually produced these clicks?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: How to find what networks produced the clicks

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Moshe, welcome to the Community.

You should be able to.  Click on the Campaign in question then on the Display Network tab in the main window, then on the "Placements" button beneath this main menu.  This should show you a list of the websites where your Ads were shown and individual details of impressions, clicks, etc.

From the sound of things you're running a Campaign targeting both the Search and Display Networks in one?  This is not generally an efficient way to run AdWords as the two networks are really quite different in their methodology.  You may find it useful to split this Campaign into at least two, one for Search and one for Display and, in truth, you'll probably find that one or the other of these networks will be far more effective than the other.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the response. The campaign was set by an outside company hired by the admission department. I cannot see the button for display networks there at all although the majority of the clicks are coming from it. I will share your comments with them.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Another solution is to view placements in analytics :

Click on the "Tools and analysis" on the top-middle of the page and chose "Google Analytics".

Then on the left-middle of the screen you can click on a blue text near a Globe, whici represents all the website data.

Scroll to the middle of the page and from the left hand control panel chose : Traffic Sources / Advertising / Adwords / Placements . After that chose "Managed Placements" or "Automatic placements".

If you want the exact URL click on "Secondary dimension" and chose from the "Advertising" option, the sub-option "Placement URL "

placements-analytics.pngplacement-url.png