AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to find the change history for a conversion and advice on conversion configuration

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

Does anyone know how I can view the change history for a conversion? I want to know when a certain conversion was created. Going to Tools > Change History doesn’t show the change history for conversions.

Also, I have two conversions in my account. Conversion #1 has the source set to Website, and conversion #2 has the source set to Analytics.

Conversion #1 lists http://www.mysite.com/signup-complete as the page where conversions are being tracked. Conversion #2, whose source is set to Analytics, lists www.mysite.com/signup-complete as the page where conversions are being tracked. The number of conversions for conversion #1 is 26, and the number of conversions for conversion #2 is 23 for a total of 49 (all conversions). However, I think this data is inflated, because the two conversions are tracking the same page. I think one conversion on my website is being counted twice, because of the two conversions.

I think conversion #2 was set up in order to import goals from Google Analytics, but is this really necessary? Shouldn’t I just use conversion #1 and delete conversion #2 to prevent inflation?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andrew S
June

How to find the change history for a conversion and advice on conversion configuration

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @Andrew S,

As you are tracking the same goal from AdWords and GA, so your conversion count is doubled.

The difference of 2-3 conversions might be due to the data freshness where the stats are not updated yet.

I would recommend to use conversion tracking from a single source only.

If you have got any conversion in the past, you will find it in the Stats not the change history.

So, select proper date range to see the previous conversions.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’