AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to find banner ad in display network

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've created Ad in Google display network. It shows on certain websites. My client want to see certain banner on certain website, he wants me to send screenshots of this site with certain Ad (banner). I've visited site where my banner shows and try to press F5 in browser, ads on site are changing, but it's annoying and it takes too long to find my Ad which I created. Is there another way to find Ad on site (which shows in display network) ?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to find banner ad in display network

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Petr B,

Unfortunately there is no preview tool for display ads. So in essence you will not be able to see what the ad will look like on a website unless you are targeted by that ad yourself.

The best way for your client to see that the banners are working on sites is for you to set up remarketing and have the client become a part of this list by visiting the site you are promoting. This way the client will be targeted by the remarketing campaign and will thus see the banners while they browse the web.

But beyond this method, the statistics and KPI's are the only way you can track the performance of dispaly ads.

Learn all about the display network from this start point:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/117120?hl=en

Re: How to find banner ad in display network

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Petr,

You can give him the placement Report and Detail Placement Report, so that client would analyze, which placement is good and bad. As AdWords does not offer any Preview tool for Display Network ads. So you cannot see the live ads on the GDN quickly.
Also showing the re-marketing ads to the client is not an ethical practice. But make them educate that you can show Remarketing ads but cannot show the normal text ads. Also, you are not able to show Remarketing campaigns, if campaign’s target location country is different from your current location and Client's location country.
Thus educate the client properly instead of giving wrong/misleading information.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’