AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to find GCLID parameter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are running a test with VWO and need to provide them with the GCLID for our account.  How does one go about getting this?  Also, are GCLIDs set at a account/campaign/keyword level?

Re: How to find GCLID parameter

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Auto tagging is on by default in any Google AdWords accounts so forth gclid is set with your Auto tagging enabled account. if you have enabled URL auto tagging in Google Adwords account, then Adwords system will automatically append a unique ?gclid parameter on your destination URLs at run-time.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I understand this, however I need to provide my client with our GCLID so that we can implement a new test. Hence the query?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Katie S
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,
You cannot get access to a GCLID anywhere on the AdWords interface nor the Analytics interface. It's a dynamic value and there is no report for gclid's.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

How to find GCLID parameter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I think this should be somewhere whether it be logged the site or in ad words or analytics. We have a lot of PHONE orders and need this GCLID to import conversions back into Ad words. A lot of conversions go unreported because they are not on the site at the time of the call so I can pull it via their chat connection.