AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to do A/B testing when we have no thank you page URL?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We want to test a lot of different landing pages from different ad groups, but our conversion is an email enquiry which uses javascript to confirm an enquiry has been sent, there is no page load so no distinct URL to measure. Is there some way of doing the measurment by adding javascript to the button event?

Re: How to do A/B testing when we have no thank you page URL?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello exo-ecom,

Please disccuss this with your web developer, he can give you some solutions. I think you check your website data at MySql, but not sure.

Dinesh
My Blog

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 3
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

As Dinesh mentioned, you'll need to talk to a webmaster. Generally, when you setting up A/B test, you're asked to set up the code on the original page, variation and conversion page. However, I'm pretty sure that your webmaster could twist the original code and add a part that will tell the system what to do in case your conversion page is a download or your visitors are rederected to another page.

Zee

Zee
G+

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I know all that, I am looking for the solution, not for you to tell me the problem again. I know how to do it in GA but cannot see any instructions to do it using the Adwords Optimization Experiment interface which only offers a field for conversion page URL, does not seem to offer a solution for custom code in a page to create the conversion trigger.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello exo-ecom,

I'll suggets to post your question at website optimizer help forum http://groups.google.com/group/websiteoptimizer?pli=1. Hope you will get solution there.

Dinesh
My Blog