AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to determine CPA for B2B PPC Campaign?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I inherited a campaign last week and they set their target CPA at $200 but the thing is, it is a service based bsuiness (B2B) and its an arbitrary number that they threw out there.  I would like to know if this is a true KPI?  It just seems kind of random.  Also, the previous PPC Manager had some significant keywords on the negative keyword list so the campaign wasn't running as it was before so it also skews the number.  How can I determine a real CPA based off of real numbers?

PPCSophie
1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author PPCSophie
September 2015

Re: How to determine CPA for B2B PPC Campaign?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

CPA is really just the cost of an average lead or sale--Cost Per Acquisition of a lead.  

I'm not sure what you're looking for here--you divide your total spend by the number of leads you got and that's your "real" CPA.

If you're asking about how to set a more realistic CPA, then that's more complicated. It's an internal question that depends on your industry and your specific company. 

KPI is Key Performance Indicator--I'm not sure what you're asking about in that context? Can you elaborate?

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Re: How to determine CPA for B2B PPC Campaign?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

No I think you answered my question.  The company detemined the Target CPA to be $200 but its was just something pulled out of the air.  But you are right its more of an internal thing.

Thanks Theresa.

PPCSophie