AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to create a goal in GA on Call to Action button of a Landing page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Everyone,

I see most of the users visiting the landing page, they are not completing the product demo form. They are simply going away after entering an email address and clicking on the sign up(CTA), they are not completing the form.  So I like to track the visitors, when they click on CTA button.

I request please guide me how can I create an goal or event in Google Analytics (GA)

Thanks in Advance,

Sai   

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to create a goal in GA on Call to Action button of a Landing p

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sai,

You can set up event tracking in this case. Please follow the steps below:
Sign in to GA, select admin and go to the desired property. Then in the view columns click goals. Choose NEW GOAL or Import from Gallery to create a new Goal. Select a Template from the list & Next step to continue setting up your Goal. Select Custom from the list of options. Click Next step, then select a Goal Type. Click on Event & Next step again to continue setting up your Goal.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!
Rinkal

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Sai N I'd recommend using Google Tag Manager on your site, which will then make the process of setting up event tracking much easier (although there is some learning).

Start here:

http://www.google.com/tagmanager/get-started.html

get your site onto Tag Manager and set up your Analytics tag and any AdWords tags you need.  Then search Google for "tag manager form submit" and you'll find a whole load of tutorials showing you how to set up an event to track form submissions.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rinkal,

Thanks again for solution. Actually, I have tried to import from the gallery, but no proper tracker found and I read in some articles, they mentioned need to place a code for tracking CTA. I don't think it work.. So I have created an event to track CTA in GA with following steps. But am not sure is this work... will wait for next 24 hrs

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a lot Jon. I'm really things about it, but stucked in how to start. Now from the shared link I have got some idea.

Sai