AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to connect two different Analytics and Adwords account?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I am using Google Analytics (xyz@gmail.com) and Adwords (abc@gmail.com) on two different IDs, I've already given Adwords account (abc@gmail.com) Admin access to the Analytics (xyz@gmail.com), but I am still unable to link analytics profile through "MY Account -> Linked accounts". Google Analytics tab in Adwords showing all profiles but with "Not Available" status"

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: How to connect two different Analytics and Adwords account?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Haseeb_Ahsan, 

Thanks for posting in the Community!

In order to link your AdWords and Analytics accounts, you'll actually want to go through the green Tools & Analysis tab in  AdWords, and then click the Google Analytics option.  You can see step by step instructions and a video on how to do to this here

It sounds like you already have this done, but you'll want to make sure that you're using an email address that has administrative access to both the AdWords and Analytics accounts. 

I hope this helps, and have a great day!

- Tiffany

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Haseeb_Ahsan

Its very simple process. Firstly login you analytics account (xyz@gmail.com)then 

1. Log in to your Analytics account using an email address(xyz@gmail.com) that is listed as an administrator on the Analytics account.
   2. Click the Admin tab at the top right of any page in Analytics.
   3.Click the account to which you want to add an administrator.
   4. Click the Users tab.
   5. Click + New User.
   6. Enter the email address that you would like to add to the Analytics account.(abc@gmail.com)
   7. Select Administrator below the email address field.
   8. Click Create User to create the new user.

then link with your analytics account with adwords account with the same id 
(abc@gmail.com)

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Haseeb_Ahsan, 

Thanks for posting in the Community!

In order to link your AdWords and Analytics accounts, you'll actually want to go through the green Tools & Analysis tab in  AdWords, and then click the Google Analytics option.  You can see step by step instructions and a video on how to do to this here

It sounds like you already have this done, but you'll want to make sure that you're using an email address that has administrative access to both the AdWords and Analytics accounts. 

I hope this helps, and have a great day!

- Tiffany

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks Tiffany, I can see my site's analytics data through green Tools & Analysis tab in  AdWords, but in Google Analytics  under My Account tab showing "Not available" status for profiles. Can you please me help in this regard.

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi Haseeb_Ahsan, 

As I mentioned previously, if you're trying to link the AdWords and Analytics accounts together, you want to go through the Tools and Analysis tab -- not the My Account tab. 

You would go to the My Account > Linked Accounts tab if your AdWords and Analytics accounts are already linked together, and you would like to see your Google Analytics data in your AdWords account

I hope this helps to clarify!

- Tiffany

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Haseeb_Ahsan

Its very simple process. Firstly login you analytics account (xyz@gmail.com)then 

1. Log in to your Analytics account using an email address(xyz@gmail.com) that is listed as an administrator on the Analytics account.
   2. Click the Admin tab at the top right of any page in Analytics.
   3.Click the account to which you want to add an administrator.
   4. Click the Users tab.
   5. Click + New User.
   6. Enter the email address that you would like to add to the Analytics account.(abc@gmail.com)
   7. Select Administrator below the email address field.
   8. Click Create User to create the new user.

then link with your analytics account with adwords account with the same id 
(abc@gmail.com)