AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to compare by row, not column?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to create a report that compares a date range to a previous year on a separate row.  For example, I want to compare first 2 weeks of November 2013 to same range November 2012.  I just want a simple row of data for each year that shows clicks, transactions, conversion rates, revenue, just basic stuff.

But when I turn on Compare in the date range, and run a report-- it squishes everything into a single row, duplicating the column headers. Totally different than Analytics reporting. How do I get each year on a separate row, and not mushed together on the same row with extra columns?

Edit: And when I use Segments to put them on two rows, the columns are staggered. What? Why wouldn't the data stay in the same column, just in a different row? Seems really disfunctional to me. How is this helpful in any way?

staggered-columns.JPG

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matthew S
September 2015

Re: How to compare by row, not column?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Matthew. Thanks so much for this question. Unfortunately, we don't have this capability currently. I will however, pass along this great feedback. 

In the meantime what you can do is export the data from the level that you wish (campaign, keyword, ad group level, etc) by going into that level and clicking on the export button.

Screen Shot 2013-12-04 at 10.02.19 AM.png

Once you have downloaded the data you can put it in Excel/Google Docs and create a Pivot Table from the data.  

Screen Shot 2013-12-04 at 10.14.26 AM.png

I hope that this will help you.