AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to calculate total conversions in this account

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi, 

I am managing a new account the account is pretty messd up. I want to calculate total no of conversions in this account. Please let me know how to calculate it. 

conversions.PNG

Thanks, 

Aj

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ajay K
September 2015

Re: How to calculate total conversions in this account

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi AJ,

So, assuming the conversions are set up correctly, there were 188 unique conversions during this time period.

152 clicks turned into conversions, and because there are more conversions than converted clicks, there were visitors who have converted more than once within the 30 day cookie window of clicking on the ad.

Does that make sense?

View solution in original post

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Ajay K,

There are two important Conversion Tracking metrics: conversions and converted clicks. Both of these metrics are currently showing in your screen shot.

Conversions
For each conversion action, you can choose to count all or unique conversions. The "Conversions" column of your reports will display all conversions within your chosen conversion window, according to your selected counting method. 

Converted clicks
The "Converted clicks" column shows you the number of AdWords ad clicks resulting in a one or more conversions within your chosen conversion window. Note that the converted clicks count doesn't reflect the relative value of each converting click. Clicks that leads to a high-value conversions (such as multiple purchases) aren’t distinguished from those that lead to low-value conversions (such as a single newsletter sign-up).

I hope that helps clear some things up, but if you have more specific questions, please post back here!

Kathleen

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
HI Kathleen,

Thanks for the information. I just wanted to understand that in the given screenshot what is the exact no of conversion for the selected period.

The screenshot shows:

Converted clicks : 152
View Through Conversion: 31
Total Estimated Conversions : 188
Conversions : 188

I want to let the client know the total no of conversions he got in that period. What figure should I let him know ?

Best,
Aj
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ajay K
September 2015

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi AJ,

So, assuming the conversions are set up correctly, there were 188 unique conversions during this time period.

152 clicks turned into conversions, and because there are more conversions than converted clicks, there were visitors who have converted more than once within the 30 day cookie window of clicking on the ad.

Does that make sense?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Perhaps Ajay K wants to know where do the ViewThrough Conversions go into the equation of adding up conversions, since there are 31 of them.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Yeah.. I was confused earlier but now it is cleared. 188 conversions
include those 31view thru conversions along with other conversions.

I hope I got it right. Smiley Happy

Thanks,
Aj

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ajay,

No, ViewThrough conversions do not include conversions from paid traffic. Read more from here (message 8) :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Tracking-Reporting/How-are-view-through-conversions-reported...

It means your conversion page got triggered by organic/refferal/direct traffic by users who were previously exposed to an Image Ad impression without clicking.

It seems like your campaigns have a lot of impressions from Image Ads.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Adrian,

It means overall conversions would be 188 + 31( View through conversions) for the client?

Best,
Aj

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

How I personally interpret this data is :

1) You have 188 paid conversions from AdWords and

2) Some other 31 non-paid conversions from were indirectly influenced by AdWords

I am waiting for a possible confirmation from @Kathleen G,   or any other person with a better understanding of this type of reporting.