AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to calculate reach of campaign based on CPC or Impressions ?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I would like to know How to calculate or predict the estimated reach of campaign based on CPC or Impressions  ?

I would need simplest answers rather then bulk of formulas which are tough to understand.

You guys can simply guide me with the steps and i can start working to look for reach as per your guidance.

I hope to see answers today Smiley Happy coz last time answers came 1 or 2 days after i send media plan to client

Regards

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to calculate reach of campaign based on CPC or Impressions ?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello,

For Cost it will be the avg monthly impressions (can be found in the google keyword planner) x CTR (the impressions divided by clicks) x Search Impression Share (The amount of times your ads show up in relation to the possible amount of times it could) So in simpler terms it would be the avg volume a month for that keyword x the amount of times you project it to be clicked on x the percentage of times you show up out of all the possible impression. This will give you the general amount of impressions you could receive and you can multiply that by the bid or suggested bid from keyword planner to project a monthly reach and cost within the budget. If you want to show a simpler number to a client a good way to get a projected reach is within the keyword planner and it will give you a projected average monthly search volume for the keyword. It can be found in tools > keyword planner.

Hope This Helps!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thnx Mate i would need a formula to calculate reach of the campaign.
I have CPC Buy rate
I have expected impressions
I have expected clicks
I have duration of the campaign
I have CTR

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Pulkit,

Are you trying to run a AdWords campaign or a YouTube or Engagement based campaign?

If you are trying to run a AdWords campaign then you have all the numbers you need with you. For an AdWords campaign, the reach is the number of impressions that you can accumulate during the campaign duration. As you already know a impression is when an ad is shown to your TG and the Keyword Tool gives the estimated impressions for all your targeted keywords.

So when you send the plan to your client, you can highlight the Impression Columns as 'Impression/Reach' and let your client know that the Reach and Impressions is the same thing.

The same logic applies to the YouTube or Engagement campaigns as well, your number of impressions is your overall estimated reach.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Mate i think there is bit disagreement to it..as far as previous media planner used to calculate it by Impression/frequency capping/junk traffic...
I was talking about GDN, and search
I wanted to understand the concept, hence i posted it here..if u have any idea please do let me know.

Regards

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Pulkit,

I have to agree with I have to agree with @ShashankSingh here.

For an AdWords account, your impressions become your reach here. Every time your ad loads, it is counted as an impression which means it has reached a user.

The one thing to note here is that this reach is not unique. This is simply the number of times your ad can load basis the search volumes for that keyword. It will then depend your CPCs to maintain a 100% share of voice if you want to reach that number of impressions. Also, this is just an approximation. For seasonal products, the search trend may vary.. so you may want to keep that in mind.

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi Pulkit,

If you could, please share a few numbers from the previous media planner... we maybe able to find a correlation..
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I hope you can avoid jargons/acronyms for the benefit of newbies like me. What does TG mean? And how can I access the keyword tool?

How to calculate reach of campaign based on CPC or Impressions ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do you figure that impressions is the same as reach? Reach refers to unique people. Someone may have been exposed to the ad 10 times (10 impressions) but the reach is just 1.