AdWords
6.5K members online now
6.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to analyze Adwords in the past with weather data?

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

Quite often, you read tips where it says we can optimize our bids based on the weather. But no body mentions how to analyze an account and see if such a strategy would be worthwhile or not.

Sure, weather bidding makes sense - but it may not for some verticals. Would love to do it, but not without first analyzing the account to see if there have indeed been account fluctuations on rainy days, etc over the past couple years.

Some pointers would be good in how to go about this.

Thanks!

Re: How to analyze Adwords in the past with weather data?

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
I already have a csv of weather since March 1, 2014. Just need to figure out how to get it together.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Mark,

Hope you are doing well so far.

I have couple of seasonal campaigns (campaigns which are effected by whether conditions or campaigns which are perform well at particular periods). For example if you have an “Air Conditioning” or “Heaters” campaigns depend upon whether conditions your clicks will increase or decrease in certain periods  in a year. It is like a Demand and supply model.

To optimize seasonal campaigns we use “Dimensions” tab for analysis, here you can analyze period of time that effected your campaign performance.

You can estimate your keywords are affected by weather or not by using Keyword planner. See below screen shot, I have searched for air conditioner keyword you can see the effectiveness of seasons for the selected keyword.

ad_2.JPG

I hope this will help you for few campaigns.

Thank you,

Aravindh.

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Figured it out using VLOOKUP and what not.

Here's the chart showing Temperature vs CTR. Still trying to find a charting method that shows patterns or corelations because the current chat shows that February's dip in temperature contributed to a higher CTR. Sure, I can compare it to impressions or other numbers, but still I feel there is some tool or strategy to identify the patterns without just relying on the naked eye. (Excel newb)

Weather analysis on Adwords

Would love that guidance.

Thanks!

(PS: Aravind, you totally missed the mark on what I was trying to figure out bud)