AdWords
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to analyse report and come to a suitable decision?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to increase sales from adwords account from where I have to start analyse my account?which key factor should I take in consideration on daily basis and how?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cherry A
September 2015

Re: How to analyse report and come to a suitable decision?

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hello Cherry A,
This link might help you: https://support.google.com/adwords/topic/3119142?hl=en&ref_topic=3119141

+ from my experience, if you want to increase sales -> therefore you have to look at conversion tab. Do you have high conversion rate? if it so, then it's allright.

If you do not have high conversion rate, try to find out why! Look if you have clickthrough rate(CTR) high enough. If you don't then maybe your ads or keywords are not related to the search term and customers can see your ad, but it is not ad related to their needs.
Usually high impression count and low clickthrough rate means there's some problem with your keywords/NKW/Ads.

Also find infromation about ROI, because it could happen your costs could be bigger than your revenue and you do not want this situation.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/14090?hl=en&ref_topic=24937

And there could also be problem with landing page if you're not converting. It's all these little things you have to put together and make them work.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Cherry,

First step is always to make sure that Conversion tracking code is added on the right page i.e thank-you page. If i am you ill be probabaly looking into these metrics in order to understand the account situation.

1] CTR of the campaign - Make sure its atleast 1% and above
2] See if clicks are receiving are from the audiences that you targeted in Geo stetting. (See keywords search terms for detailed summary of what user actually searched for when they clicked you ad)
3] Adding negative keywords to avoid irrelevant clicks. (This will help you save your budget)
4] Using Adextensions (Calls, location, sitelinks, these help you get a better CTR)
5] See if my keyword bidding is good enough to be in the top 4 position of the Ads.
6] Ateast use 3 Adcopy variation to see which one acutally works. (Add new ads variation based on best performer within the 3 ad)
7] Increase my Keyword Quality score to reduce my CPC. Set a benchmark of 7 and above out of 10.

8] See what keywords are actually converting into sales or leads whichever is your metric of analyzing the ROI. After identifying the keywords which are performing do a keyword research based on those keywords.

9] Stop all keywords which never converted into sales or leads.

10] Make changes into the account based on a healthy data of at least a Month or so.

11] Don't make changes too frequently, give some time to see the results if you made any changes.

Hope this Helps!

Azeem Shaikh
SEM Freelancer & Consultant.
Adwords & Bing Ads Certified Individual.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Cherry A,

Alex has a few good points and some nice places to start. I disagree with the point he made about increasing CTR increasing conversion rates. In a 'vacuum' an increase in CTR will not increase conversion RATES but simply the amount of conversions. Your conversion rate will remain constant if nothing but volume changes.

Landing page is a good place to start with regards to increasing conversion rates, Do some extensive reading here.

If you are looking at increasing CTR and relevant traffic then look at ad testing. You should always be testing your ads. ensure they are set to rotate indefinitely and have multiple variations of the ads.

The Search query report is a great place to start as well and I spend much of my time here in the first few months of an account. The Search query report will tell you exactly how search queries are matching to your keywords as well as what search queries are triggering your keywords. this is helpful as you are able to determine how relevant your keywords are and if you have cross pollination as it were. It is a great way to ensure that your basic account structure is working. You will also be able to identify many terms that should be used as negatives to ensure that you are getting a relevant audience.

Learn about SQR here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2684537?hl=en
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472708?hl=en

Feel free to ask any other questions.

Good Luck

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hello Cherry A,
This link might help you: https://support.google.com/adwords/topic/3119142?hl=en&ref_topic=3119141

+ from my experience, if you want to increase sales -> therefore you have to look at conversion tab. Do you have high conversion rate? if it so, then it's allright.

If you do not have high conversion rate, try to find out why! Look if you have clickthrough rate(CTR) high enough. If you don't then maybe your ads or keywords are not related to the search term and customers can see your ad, but it is not ad related to their needs.
Usually high impression count and low clickthrough rate means there's some problem with your keywords/NKW/Ads.

Also find infromation about ROI, because it could happen your costs could be bigger than your revenue and you do not want this situation.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/14090?hl=en&ref_topic=24937

And there could also be problem with landing page if you're not converting. It's all these little things you have to put together and make them work.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Cherry,

First step is always to make sure that Conversion tracking code is added on the right page i.e thank-you page. If i am you ill be probabaly looking into these metrics in order to understand the account situation.

1] CTR of the campaign - Make sure its atleast 1% and above
2] See if clicks are receiving are from the audiences that you targeted in Geo stetting. (See keywords search terms for detailed summary of what user actually searched for when they clicked you ad)
3] Adding negative keywords to avoid irrelevant clicks. (This will help you save your budget)
4] Using Adextensions (Calls, location, sitelinks, these help you get a better CTR)
5] See if my keyword bidding is good enough to be in the top 4 position of the Ads.
6] Ateast use 3 Adcopy variation to see which one acutally works. (Add new ads variation based on best performer within the 3 ad)
7] Increase my Keyword Quality score to reduce my CPC. Set a benchmark of 7 and above out of 10.

8] See what keywords are actually converting into sales or leads whichever is your metric of analyzing the ROI. After identifying the keywords which are performing do a keyword research based on those keywords.

9] Stop all keywords which never converted into sales or leads.

10] Make changes into the account based on a healthy data of at least a Month or so.

11] Don't make changes too frequently, give some time to see the results if you made any changes.

Hope this Helps!

Azeem Shaikh
SEM Freelancer & Consultant.
Adwords & Bing Ads Certified Individual.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Cherry A,

Alex has a few good points and some nice places to start. I disagree with the point he made about increasing CTR increasing conversion rates. In a 'vacuum' an increase in CTR will not increase conversion RATES but simply the amount of conversions. Your conversion rate will remain constant if nothing but volume changes.

Landing page is a good place to start with regards to increasing conversion rates, Do some extensive reading here.

If you are looking at increasing CTR and relevant traffic then look at ad testing. You should always be testing your ads. ensure they are set to rotate indefinitely and have multiple variations of the ads.

The Search query report is a great place to start as well and I spend much of my time here in the first few months of an account. The Search query report will tell you exactly how search queries are matching to your keywords as well as what search queries are triggering your keywords. this is helpful as you are able to determine how relevant your keywords are and if you have cross pollination as it were. It is a great way to ensure that your basic account structure is working. You will also be able to identify many terms that should be used as negatives to ensure that you are getting a relevant audience.

Learn about SQR here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2684537?hl=en
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472708?hl=en

Feel free to ask any other questions.

Good Luck