AdWords
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to add call tracking to a wordpress langing pages within a web site?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

Could you please help me with directions how to add call tracking for a separate wordpress landing page? I know how it works for the whole wordpress website, but I need call tracking for a few landing pages within a website.

Thank you in advance!

Re: How to add call tracking to a wordpress langing pages within a web site?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Jovana,

Please find below the URL for Call Tracking Setup and once you have generated the Code then you have to follow the below instructions.

Call Conversion Tracking -https://support.google.com/partners/answer/6209175?hl=en

Track calls to a phone number on a website - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6095883?hl=en

How to Insert Code in Word Press

• Go to WordPress admin area of the website you want to set up the conversion for.
  • Go to Appearance > Editor and then the ‘Header’ file in the right-hand column.
  • Find the </head> tag and paste the conversion code you generated in AdWords before this. Add <script> </script> tags around the code.
  • Find the <body> tag and enter onload=”_googWcmGet(‘number’, ‘1-800-123-4567′)” within the tag for example… <body onload=”_googWcmGet(‘number’, ‘1-800-123-4567′)”>.
  • Change the 1-800-123-4567 number to the phone number used on your site, for example, <body onload=”_googWcmGet(‘number’, ‘01892 731819′)”>.
  • Finally, you’ll need to add the span class tags <span class=”number”> and closing tag </span> around each instance of the number on the site which should look like this <span class=”number”>01892 731819</span>.

I hope this will help you.

Thanks,

Anand

Re: How to add call tracking to a wordpress langing pages within a web site?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Anand,

Thank you for your help. I know how to do this. I just wanted to know what should I do if I want to track calls per landing page within the website.I have a few landing pages and I am planing to put a different phone number to each landing page. All calls from those numbers will be forwarded to one real number. I would also like to know if there is some possibility to generate phone numbers for landing pages using Google AdWords call tracking service?

Thanks once again,

Jovana