AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to add Adwords conversion tracking code in Facebook Landing Page?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys,

I want to track my client facebook landing page which iam adversting from adwords campaign. I want to know how to add adwords conversion tracking code in Facebook landing page? Can any one have implemented adwords conversion tracking code in FB page? Could you please clarify how the tracking is set up for Search campaigns that link to a Facebook page?

Note: we are not using Google Analytics for our client site.

Thank You

Kasaraneni

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to add Adwords conversion tracking code in Facebook Landing Page?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Kasaraneni,

It's a pretty interesting question!

There have been lot said about advertising facebook page on Adwords. Before I jump into what you have actually asked (implementing conversion tracking on FB page), I wonder whether you are getting some results out of this or not.

Now, there are many aspects which have to be considered while looking to advertise facebook page on Adwords when especially both are competitors in the field of digital marketing world.

I am surpised that why are you not actually promoting your client's actual website rather than the facebook page.

Another point of conflict could be that there might be trademark issue when promoting FB page on Adwords. That's my opinion only.

Rule book says that if you have access to the source code of your website or web page, then you can include the conversion tracking script on goal completion page i.e. thanks page, if you have some contact form on that page. You can read more in this article.

I would also encourage you to read this very interesting thread in the past, where same points related to FB advertising on Adwords have been raised.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Kasaraneni,

If you are talking about a Facebook app page as your landing page, just add the code to the page itself. But, I would say there's no point to including the conversion code on the landing page. In that case, all AdWords clicks would become conversions and that is meaningless data. It is more common to place the conversion code on the page following the desired action.

If the client account is a business page, everything is public, including all comments and posts by other than the page. The user does not need a Facebook account or to be logged in to see the content. If the desired action is to "Like" the page, the conversion could be recorded with a custom button that first records the conversion then forwards the click to Like the page or executes a graph function to post the like.

In the referenced article, I mentioned something about not being able to advertise Facebook pages with AdWords. I'm not so certain of that now, but keep it in mind. Your display URL could get disapproved. I really don't know.

If your plan is to send traffic directly to the page and not to an app page, there is no way to insert the conversion code on that page.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
seems its very interesting thread, i wish to know more about the Facebook page advt on google adwords,
Is it any policy violation in facebook page advt using adwords?
Seems facebook itself advt on adowrds for facebook advt

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi bobit79,

I believe you can use AdWords to advertise your Facebook page. I'm pretty sure you can only use approved ad providers on your Facebook apps, and I don't think AdSense is one of those. I haven't read the FB terms recently.

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords