AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to Track Form Conversion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Members 

Hope you are doing well. I am running a AdWords campaign for a client for lead generation. where he sets a form on his website. When we fill that form a thank message comes not landing to the thank you page or sometimes nothing comes. So can we track leads in that process or do we need to create a thank you page which is another option.

Regards
Amandeep 

3 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Rakesh Kumar (Top Contributor)
January 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Aman,

It is not mandatory to create a thank you page. You can create events and track them as conversions. Event can be triggered on click when someone submits the information. 

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Aman S,

As @pankaj1782 stated, you can setup the form submission click as an event and track it via Google Analytics. Please refer to this information, which will guide you and provide plenty more info to learn more. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you sir Smiley Happy 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you sir Smiley Happy

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Keep in mind that an Analytics event will record clicks on the submit button, which is not the same thing as a successful submission.

Google Tag Manager can count successful submissions.

I find that creating a thank you page is the best option. It is usually easy to implement, is accurate, and can be used for both AdWords and Analytics.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You could fire a Google Analytics event upon successful form submit, instead of redirecting to a thank you page. This event can be picked up by Google Tag Manager, which would fire the AdWords conversion code. 

I dont know your setup, but if you use GTM this is pretty straight forward. To fire the event you need to push a datalayer with JS. Depends on what form your client is using, how easy/hard it will be to do the event part. Good luck.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies since it is several months old. 

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.