AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to Exclude Anonymous Browsing Clicks from Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've had issues with click fraud (as everyone has to some extent if they run ads long enough) and am used to monitoring it and keeping my excluded IP list in my settings up-to-date with offenders. Of course the workaround for those perpetrating click fraud is to go anonymous and to that end I've made the decision that I want to exclude my ads from being served to anonymous users (yes, I realize that will reduce the impressions and base that I can reach... I'm fine with that).

How can I accomplish this in Adwords? There must be a way to stop anonymous browsing click fraud.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Charles

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to Exclude Anonymous Browsing Clicks from Adwords

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Charles, how are things?

Personally, I can't think of a way to exclude anonymous traffic. The only option and control we have on user-side far as I know, is the IP exclusion, other then that, we can only count with Google automated system for click frauds.

You can always initiate an Investigation with Google if the case is eligible using the form at the end of this post:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2549113

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Re: How to Exclude Anonymous Browsing Clicks from Adwords

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Charles,

Even I had a discussion regarding this. And the solution that has been provided was that 'you can further check the anonymous Google data and see the websites from where the traffic is'.

But after checking anonymous Google by marking the check box then see details(selected) I always find some codes under the URLs column.
Though you can not say that its a click fraud.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’