AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How to Estimate CPC, Cost and Cicks by different Ad Position ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi There,

G'Day to you!

Although it sounds impossible, I was asked to answer this question by my boss.

I used Adwords' Keyword Planner to estimate some keywords based on their average CPC and targeting options of an active campaign but the outcome generated by the tool didn't match with the campaign at all. 

For examaple,

an average cpc of $4.30 for a keyword attaining an average position of 7.2 in my campaign. Using the same cpc on the same keyword of the same match type, the Keyword Planner returns an average position of 1.85. I reckon there are some missing elements in the tool (i.e. quality score).

Before telling my boss I couldn't do it, I'm wondering if anyone has ever done this before or any idea how to perform an estimation ?

Thank you,

Roman

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to Estimate CPC, Cost and Cicks by different Ad Position ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi;
Well... You are not the first one to encounter this. This is an estimate... A statistical one. Like any other estimate it has a margin of error, which can be "quite big".
Run a search on the community for "traffic estimator". You'll find many discussions.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’