AdWords
6K members online now
6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How soon do stats begin showing?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I set-up a new campagin (in my existing account) and uploaded keywords and ads for review.  Google needed 4 days to review!  Smiley Sad    But, happily, comparative performance statistics for my keywords (max cpc, QS, est. 1st page bid) began to populate in my online AdWords account and also in Adwords Editor.  That info was valuable.  

How long does it take before such stats begin to show up?  a day? 2 days? 3 days? 

3 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: How soon do stats begin showing?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey Chris,

Stats like QS and first page bid est show up almost instantly once the campaigns are uploaded.

Max CPC is something you enter so it is uploaded with your campaign...

The rest of the stats like impressions and clicks takes about 20 mins to 3-4 hrs to update once you start accruing impressions.

There is a line at the bottom of your AdWords account that says "Reporting is not real-time. Performance and budget statistics are no more than 3 hours old."

Ideally, while analysing stats, I like to use stats from the previous day. This ensure I have accurate numbers.

By the way... I don't know why Google would take 3-4 days to review your ads.. This process is generally pretty quick except for image ads in the display network. Just curious... When did you upload your ads? are they all approved yet? If not, what does the status column say?

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello again Chris;

Your own QS will start to be calculated after you gain / incur 1000 impressions. Prior to that you "enjoy" an average QS calculated for all advertisers using the same keyword (in its various match types, though the QS value is based on exact match only)

All other data as: impressions, clicks, cost per click etc... are reported quite rapidly within hours, or within 24 hrs. - the latest.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Shewta, The ads were uploaded Sun 22 July and approved Wed 26 July. These were 3 different text ads, each from a different ad group. I've had text ads approve in hours, so this was odd. I did the uploads from AdWords Editor for the first time.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hey Chris,

This was strange indeed! 3-4 working days for text ad approvals is not generally what happens.

Even if you uploaded these ads from editor, this should not have any effect on the number of days your ads take to get approved.

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

> This was strange indeed! 3-4 working days for text ad approvals is not generally what happens.

Unfortunately that's been fairly common lately for ads that need human review.  The number of incoming ads has gone way up this year, and the review team is having trouble keeping up with them.  They're hiring new staff to help, and we in engineering are trying to increase the number that we review automatically.  Both should improve the time-to-review, but we have to ask for patience for a while.

For ads that we're able to approve automatically (a large majority) the turnaround time is usually a few hours at most, and sometimes just a few minutes.  The exception is if you upload a huge number of ads or keywords with distinct landing pages that we need to crawl.  We rate-limit the crawls to avoid bringing down your web sites.  (Otherwise it would be the world's largest DDoS attack.)

Laura

AdWords review engineer

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If you want a quick approval to the ads that you created please do not hesitate to call your account executive at Google for quick process. Hope this helps!

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee

And if you aren't a large enough advertiser to have an account executive, feel free to phone or email AdWords support if your ads haven't been reviewed within three days.

Laura