AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How optimize campaign on daily basis

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Currently i am Managing adword account of our company which is healthcare e commerce.please tell me what to do on daily basis for  optimize my campaign

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sachin Yadav
September 2015

Re: How optimize campaign on daily basis

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Sachin,

For relevant clicks: Monitor search term report & bounce rate closely. The other metrics which indicate quality of traffic are CTR & Conv Rate.
To keep track of your ad visibility & spending - Check impression share stats.

Below is list of activities that I normally follow on a weekly basis, as mentioned above it is very subjective.

Account

Mon

Tues

Wed

Thurs

Fri

Spend watch

X

X

X

X

X

Text ad Error Filter

X

X

X

X

X

Alerts

X

X

X

X

X

AB test Text Ads/AB test Landing Pages

X

X

Create Weekly Report

X

Bid optimization

X

X

Lead Quality Check

X

LP/Banners Design concept

X

Add Negatives/Exclude Sites

X

Keyword Optimization

X

X

New Campaigns/Adgroups

X

Geographic/Day Parting/IS/Demographic(Reports)

X

Analytics Data Analysis

X

Campaign Setting Strategies

X

Action Plan/New Strategies

X

Data Tracking/Multi-Channel Attribution

X

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi

Thats a broad question, and the answer can vary depending on your specific need.
There is not one-size-fits-all type of algo which if applied optimises ones campaigns.
However broadly speaking, it depends on what your goals are.
I will start by asking the followwing questions.
Do you want to drive clicks or create more awareness?
Whats your daily budget?
Are we spending the budget efficiently on the keywords which we have brought?
Is analytics and Adwords linked?
Here is a link on the help center which i think is a good read.
https://support.google.com/adwords/topic/3121947?hl=en&ref_topic=3119106

Regards
Ellaiah

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hey Sachin,
For any ecom client, the optimization should be based on the revenue generated by every product sold.

I hope that you have conversion tracking and revenue tracking set up. Map the highest revenue generating products to the keywords that brought in those conversions and optimize them accordingly.

Are all your products b2b or b2c or a mix? Do you have appropriate ad copies for these?you could try using USP, cost benefits and offers(if any)

Healthcare equipment is generally expensive so I am assuming that the buying cycle will have more of research involved. So, the one other thing that I would do besides the normal optimization steps here is check the top paths in the search funnels under the conversions tab. This will help you identify keywords that lead to the final conversion.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
What kind of volumes are you buying and what is your conversion rate?

I think those two factors are key to determining how fast you can iterate your account (with statistical confidence).

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Sachin, further to the excellent replies you've already received, I'd just highlight a slightly different thought...

With many Accounts it can be counter-productive to look at changes on a daily basis.  Some Accounts have a fairly long path to conversion, including multiple clicks from different channels so if you make too many changes too frequently you can end up "chasing your tail".

For example, you look at a Campaign on a Tuesday morning and it has no conversions from Monday, but another has 10.  You decide to work on the Campaign without conversions and change it.  On Thursday, that Campaign now shows 2 conversions for the Monday that on their own result in a positive ROI.  It's possible you've made changes that removed - or reduced - the availability of the Keywords/Ads they clicked.  Remember, conversions are reported up to 30 days after the first click so if your Account does have a long path - any decent percentage of conversions over 3 or more days - then you should really wait until you have at least that much data without any other changes before making more.

It's really important to be familiar with your Account paths and Search Funnels and to check for Assisted Conversions.  I have more than one client Account that contain Campaigns that in themselves don't appear to convert well, but they act strongly as first-click attribution and assisted conversions.

Optimising an Account with long conversion paths can be very tricky - I know from bitter experience - so be very careful when you make changes.

More about Search Funnels

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks for reply.
here is my answer
1)i want relevant click from potential buyer.
2)my daily budget is approx 20,000 and currently spending 16000 daily.
3)i think so but not sure about it.
4) yes i have linked the adword to analytics

Now tell what are major concern for optimizing my campaigning on daily basis what to analyze
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sachin Yadav
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Sachin,

For relevant clicks: Monitor search term report & bounce rate closely. The other metrics which indicate quality of traffic are CTR & Conv Rate.
To keep track of your ad visibility & spending - Check impression share stats.

Below is list of activities that I normally follow on a weekly basis, as mentioned above it is very subjective.

Account

Mon

Tues

Wed

Thurs

Fri

Spend watch

X

X

X

X

X

Text ad Error Filter

X

X

X

X

X

Alerts

X

X

X

X

X

AB test Text Ads/AB test Landing Pages

X

X

Create Weekly Report

X

Bid optimization

X

X

Lead Quality Check

X

LP/Banners Design concept

X

Add Negatives/Exclude Sites

X

Keyword Optimization

X

X

New Campaigns/Adgroups

X

Geographic/Day Parting/IS/Demographic(Reports)

X

Analytics Data Analysis

X

Campaign Setting Strategies

X

Action Plan/New Strategies

X

Data Tracking/Multi-Channel Attribution

X

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks for the Reply.

In addition to the replies you have got

Here are some further questions I will ask myself if I was looking at an account. (as always do not post personal account information into this forum, )

1. Is the campaign On on Search, Display and Placements or is it just active on Search?
  2. If it is active on Search and Display then How much are you spending on search and display? What is the reasoning behind the split of monies in search and Display`?
  3. On Google search what positions are u occupying? Are you always aiming for the top position? Are u u happy being in the 3rd, or 4th or 5th position and enjoy paying a less amount of Cpc and still get get a good number of clicks and still get a good ctr?
  4. Pay close attention to the keywords you are buying. Keep good highly relevant keywords in one Adgroup/campaigns, and slightly divergent keywords in different adgroups/campaigns. And ofcourse keep seperate campaigns for Placements and Google display.
  5. Which country is the campaign active, what are you selling, how receptive are people to buying your product in your country. How unique is your offering in the countries you are targetting? 

I think you can post your website url here in this forum, can we? I am not sure. 

Optimization is not an overnight process, it takes time, so you might want to take this slowly one bit a time.

Regards

Ellaiah

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
www.healthgenie.in this is my company website
i have used search,display both type of campaign.
we have spend more on search than display because search campaign give me potential visitors.
usually i set for 3 or 4 average position which is good for limited visitor and also limited for budget .
i am focusing on india only
you tell me that in single ad group how many keyword used
or any suggestion for my account