AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How much time it takes to Import GA goals into AW for the fist time?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I just (2 hours ago) linked GA and AW and I wanna use this linking as for remarketing as for conversion tracking.

Regarding to this page: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375435?hl=en

it shold be linked in one hour. But its more that 2 hours and Im not sure if there isnt a prob.

I did all what is in the page above and I got this message:

What's this?

We haven't detected the Google Analytics remarketing functionality on your website
We haven't detected the AdWords tag on your website or in your app

How much time it really takes to link?
What should I check to make sure all is set right?

Thanks,
-Lukas

- Lukas
1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lukas Melichar
September 2015

Re: How much time it takes to Import GA goals into AW for the fist tim

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 12
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Yep, i think you have missed the point. You will get this message as far you have conversions coming in. So you have to first confirm whether people are converting from your adwords ad.

To see whether people are converting from your adwords ad you have go to Conversions->goals->source/medium. Once you confirm that people are converting from your adwords ad then within a couple of hours you will see the message on adwords.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lukas Melichar
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 20
Top Contributor
Hi Lukas,

The reality is, for conversions, it still hasn't been two days. Remarketing lists can take some time too. Honestly, I think you need to wait a little longer.

On the last page you linked is says...

"It can take as long as 2 days before goals data is available in AdWords. Once it is, your imported conversions data will appear alongside your existing conversion data on the Conversions page, and you'll be able to customize columns on the Campaigns tab to include this data."

You keep mentioning 1 hour and I get that the support docs may say that...but the data is delayed whether you have conversions or not. Also, how fast do you think you'll fullfill the remarketing list requirements...

If you're really concerned, call support. If I could browse the account and verify that it's set up properly etc...maybe I could help - but I can't. We're just guessing here and you don't seem to want to wait.

Good Luck!

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Lukas,

Hmm, ok. Once you click on the import goals on the conversion section, it will take 48 hours for your conversion to appear.

Regarding analytics remarketing, you need to update your analytics code to support analytics remarketing and then have to enable it on the analytics admin section. See here. https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2444872

Thanks,
Siva.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
FWIW Lukas,

I have some accounts where the only conversions we track in the account are through GA import. There is always a 2 day delay in the data import....I don't know if this is consistent in every account but I see it quite a bit.

So, for instance, if I look at "this month" right now, I will not actually see any conversions for Feb 3 or Feb 4.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
I should modify question. I just linked GA and AW but I can not set (I dont have option) conversion tracking from GA.
- Lukas

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
If you have already have conversions coming in(Note the point) from adwords ads then you will see the message called import goals within an hour. If not you should wait till you get conversions from adwords adsSmiley Happy

Thanks,
Siva.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
I wanna create conversion tracking, but I dont wanna add AW remarketing tag on my page. So I linked AW and GA but I can no set conversion.
- Lukas

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes, i not talking about remarketing tag anymore.

Above is my answer to your question.

Thanks,
Siva.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
In GA I have set Conversion/Goal but not in AW. GA and AW are just linked. Now I should set Conversions in AW but I can NOT I do NOT have option to use GA data for conversion in AW.
- Lukas

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
You will see a message called import goals in tool->conversions when you have adwords conversions coming in.

Once you click import goals it would take your 48 hours for conversions to be shown. I know its a bit of confusing but you got to understand.

Siva.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
Exactly what Siva suggested here.

If there is a 48 hour delay in GA reporting, there likely isn't anything registering for import, yet. Even if there was, there will be no data for two days.

Check your tools>conversions over the next couple of days - it will appear when there is data to import.

Also, make sure that you've linked properly from GA and from AdWords. It's a multiple step process and you have steps to take in both interfaces.

-Tommy