AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How long should i wait to implement google analytics?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello I am new to AdWords, please go easy on meSmiley Happy

My question is for starting a fresh AdWords campaign, some people say that we should wait 1 month to implement Google Analytics, as it requires historical data to give a proper analysis.

Is this true? If no, how long should I wait to implement GA, or should I just implement it the moment I start my AdWords Campaigns?

Thank you so much for your help, looking forward to your replies.

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hakim M
September 2015

Re: How long should i wait to implement google analytics?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Right away... Google AdWords builds historical data and will use that to develop your quality scores and such, but you want to know what people are doing on your site from now. GA will tell you that. How reliable that will be will, of course, depend upon how much traffic you get, so you might not be in a position to use that data very well until you have a critical mass, but you want get any data at all until you start collecting.

That's what I always do - I'll be watching this thread with interest to see if others wait - and I'd love to know why, if they do....

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Hakim,

I'm with Steve. Whoever is suggesting you wait a month because Analytics needs data makes no sense. Analytics only accumulates data going forward. Waiting a month has absolutely no advantage. It's more likely a disadvantage.

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Right away... Google AdWords builds historical data and will use that to develop your quality scores and such, but you want to know what people are doing on your site from now. GA will tell you that. How reliable that will be will, of course, depend upon how much traffic you get, so you might not be in a position to use that data very well until you have a critical mass, but you want get any data at all until you start collecting.

That's what I always do - I'll be watching this thread with interest to see if others wait - and I'd love to know why, if they do....
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Hakim,

I'm with Steve. Whoever is suggesting you wait a month because Analytics needs data makes no sense. Analytics only accumulates data going forward. Waiting a month has absolutely no advantage. It's more likely a disadvantage.

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much guys for the quick responses. Your input is much appreciated!