AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How does one view Adgroup level ValueTrack settings/Template?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hope the question is straightforward enough...

It's easy to view/change Campaign level settings for ValueTrack templates, but I can't seem to figure out how to do this at the AdGroup level. If one clicks Settings -> All Settings at the AdGroup Level, all it says is that "...This ad group uses the settings from campaign..."...Huh?

You can set up a template while creating a new adgroup (strangely enough, at that level there is no "test" button), so my impression is that view Settings at AdGroup setting should show me the same UI during that process.

Thanks....

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ed C
August 2016

Re: How does one view Adgroup level ValueTrack settings/Template?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Ed C

To set up tracking template and custom parameters at the ad group level, you will need to modify columns and add relevant options to the view. 

Click Campaigns and go to the Adgroups tab. This is where you see all your adgroups in the table. Now, go to the Columns > Modify Columns > Attributes, and add Tracking Template and Custom Parameters. Click Apply. 

Now you can add your tracking templates easily. And yes, you have the 'test' button as well there. 

All the best!

Thanks
Ratan Jha
Join me on Google+   |   Twitter

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ed C
August 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Ed C

To set up tracking template and custom parameters at the ad group level, you will need to modify columns and add relevant options to the view. 

Click Campaigns and go to the Adgroups tab. This is where you see all your adgroups in the table. Now, go to the Columns > Modify Columns > Attributes, and add Tracking Template and Custom Parameters. Click Apply. 

Now you can add your tracking templates easily. And yes, you have the 'test' button as well there. 

All the best!

Thanks
Ratan Jha
Join me on Google+   |   Twitter

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That's awesome - thank you! Saved me hair pulling - actually I'm bald so you can tell how frustrating it can be Smiley Happy

This should be added to official documentation to save hours of trying to figure things out!