AdWords
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How does Adwords count Conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I currently have a few shopping campaigns live. There are over 15k products between all these campaigns. My question is... lets say a user clicks on my shopping ad for a T-shirt product but then they decided to visit other products in the store and end up purchasing Jeans instead of the T-shirt (same session). Will Adwords attribute this converted click to the T-shirt Item ID or the Jeans Item ID?

Re: How does Adwords count Conversions

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Monica, with your example Adwords will attribute conversion to T-shirt Item.

Another Example

If user clicks on shopping ad for a T-shirt product, leave a website , then search something else , find your website in ad, click on Jeans, and purchase it, then google will attribute converted click based on your conversion attribution model.
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1662518?hl=en

with

Last Interaction model
Adwords will attribute the converted click to Jeans

First Interaction model
Adwords will attribute the converted click to Tshirt

Linear model
Adwords will attribute the converted click to Tshirt 0.5 and Jeans 0.5

Re: How does Adwords count Conversions

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
HI Monica
There is no way to [censored] product ID in adwords conversion code and thus adwords does not know which product was purchased. Which basically means adwords will attribute conversion where the click was originated which in your case is T-Shirt.
Hope this helps
Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog