AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How do you track conversions in AdWords for mobile app downloads?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

We are currently running ads on AdWords to download our mobile iPhone app. The ads lead you to a download page where you click and then pulls up iTunes where you go ahead and download the app. 

However, we are having trouble determining how we are able to track the people who have clicked on our ad and then gone ahead and downloaded the app. 

My question: Is there a way to track mobile app downloads from iTunes that occur based off our ads hosted from AdWords? If not what is the best way to track conversions for our mobile app through AdWords, if our goal is to promote downloads? 

Thank you, 

Taylor 

Re: How do you track conversions in AdWords for mobile app downloads?

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,

Follow the instructions in the below URL to enable tracking of in-app conversions for your iOS mobile application:-
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722054

Re: How do you track conversions in AdWords for mobile app downloads?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your response! I have looked this over before.

It states that currently you're only able to track iOS app downloads driven by ads served within other apps on the display network, not those driven by ads served on mobile websites (such as Google Search).

So are there any options to track mobile app conversions for search ads?