AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How do you track changes made in your account?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi!

I just wanted to hear some tips and tricks on tracking changes you make in your AdWords account, like how do you track changes of bids, quality score, added keywords, new ad copies to name a few.

Do you use labels, change history, track changes in you spreadsheet or something else?

All advices are welcome. Smiley Happy

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How do you track changes made in your account?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Google needs to add annotations to AdWords in the worst way...all of the above are acceptable but simply extra steps for us.

I've even noted certain changes in GA due to the ability to quickly add annotations.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Mate,

I generally use labels and some times use excel spreadsheet. As Tommy said, all are time consuming process but yes Labels are better than as campared to other process. It's is also true AdWords editior does not support any labels.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks to both of you. Smiley Happy

Yeah I agree, all of these are time consuming, especially if you are working on large campaigns. I thought there might be easier way to track changes, but I think I will stick with labels and spreadsheets.

It would be great if Google AdWords team could do something about it, it's their core business after all.

Regards