AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How do you find your conversion label and ID?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My company has recently switched platforms and I was told that we have to insert the snippet of code that is provided for a conversion onto our new website. Since the conversions were previously created and the code provided was on our old site, I cannot find an easy way to see that code through the AdWords interface. I see in the help section Google provides an example of what the correct code looks like, but I don't know the ID or label. Does every conversion have a different ID and label?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Anthony S,

You don't really need a new conversion action for the new platform, assuming you're using the same AdWords account. Copy the code from the old site to the new site.

Yes, each conversion has a different ID and label.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Maybe the new platform generate the IDs and the labels in a different way as I was in old platform or in a different format (less digit, string instead var value, etc...), or I may depends of of the way how it was placed on on the website?