AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How do I view just one keyword search terms in Analytics?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi guys, I'm trying to view just search terms for one specific keyword in Analytics. Is there an easy way to do this? I can go on 'matched search terms', then add 'Keyword' as a secondary dimension, then click the keyword tab to order them, but I would like to just view each keyword and its search terms individually. If I click on the keyword tab, there doesn't seem to be a secondary dimension for matched search terms?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How do I view just one keyword search terms in Analytics?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Phil,

The method you explained in your first part should be able to give you the stats what you are looking for:

Adwords>>Matched Search Queries>> Secondary Dimension as Keyword.

If this is not what you are looking for, did you try the Custom Reportshttps://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1151300

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi, that gives me every single one of my keywords and all of my search terms in one report - I just want to view the search terms for one individual keyword.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hey, Phil.

If you insist on using Analytics for this, and not AdWords itself, you can use Pankaj's suggestion plus a filter for the right keyword.

However, even if you do that, if you have the same keyword with several match types, you may see all search terms over there.

Isn't AdWords a good option? Just clicking that keyword and see the search terms?
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
The problem I have with using adwords is I don't think I can see the bounce rate / avg. pages per visit and duration for match terms - only the keywords themselves have the analytics data. Unless there's a way to change this?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor Alumni
# 6
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Phil

I agree with @AdWiser and you should be looking at this data in adwords interface and you can import analytics data like Bounce Rate, Avg. Visit Duration, Pages/Visit, % New Visits in to adwords. 

This article should be able to help you.

Edit:

My bad Smiley Indifferent I forgot we are talking about Search term report and the GA data mentioned above will not be avialable in Search term report. @AdWiser is right.

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Phil T
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Nope, you can't, unfortunately. But you could use the GA Magic Script from Nick Mikhailovski and get your data into a Google Spreadsheet via the GA API, then quickly filter anything you need there. Or in Excel, for that matter.

Or maybe you can give such a custom report a try: https://www.google.com/analytics/web/template?uid=EMrRwG7-RrWwIoicreDLyg

It's got the default name, so you have to work on the customization a bit, but I believe it esentially does what you want. sorry for not having the time to polish everything.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
This is perfect, thanks a lot!

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Glad it helped, though I don't know if you're talking about the script / spreadsheet combo or the report Smiley Happy.