AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

How do I transfer a campaign to a different client in the same MCC?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We currently have all our campaign setup within a single client account (ours). It's got to point where we need separate each client we work with into their own client accounts within our MCC.

There are live campaigns we need to transfer, is this possible without setting them up again from scratch?

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author JaYue
September 2015

Re: How do I transfer a campaign to a different client in the same MCC

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

I would recommend using AdWords Editor, Google's offline tool, to copy your campaigns, make any necessary changes, and post them into a separate account. It's the fastest way I know of to do these things. (Be aware that you should double-check all targeting options & overall campaign settings on the Settings tab for the new campaigns before you activate them. In my experience, the upload sometimes doesn't pick up all of those settings.)

You'll need to create all of the accounts you want online before you can download them to Editor and create campaigns there.

While performance data will not move with the campaigns, it will always be available in the original account.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
In addition to the excellent reply by Theresa, i would like to suggest to double check the "Ad Extensions" and "Destination URL" at the keyword levels, if you are using in the current campaigns. As sometimes i find some advertisers forget to remove these two things in the replicated campaigns of the new account.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you both!